President’s Diwali Message
Jai Uttarakhand, Jai Hind.
Namaskar to everyone,
Thank you for coming to UCAC Diwali Milan 2016. We hope all the families enjoyed the evening.
We would like to thank our Main Guest Honourable Deputy Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada, Mr. R. K. Perindia who graced the occasion and with his presence. The support of our sponsors has always motivated us to improve the programs and we would like to thank all our sponsors for their esteem support.
I would also like to thank the previous committee members: Mr. Bijender Negi, Mr. Ashish Kothari, Mr. Sudhir Uniyal, Mrs. Nalini Sharma, Mrs. Getu (Shail), and Mr. Ajay Gosain. Thanks to their hardwork and efforts, which took UCAC to a new level.
The new Executive Committee is a talented and motivated group who have voluntarily stepped forward to give their valuable time, pitch in new ideas and make efforts to execute the event successfully and rekindle the Uttarakhand Culture and Heritage.
The new committee has started the below initiatives:
- Online Booking: This year UCAC has introduced Online Ticket Booking through Interact Email Money transfer and we have received excellent response.
- Registration: We have devoted to register UCAC with Corporation Canada and CRA. Conducting regular accounting and annual financial statement.
- Feedback: We have started a feedback process to collect user experience. As a pilot project, we have currently started it for Diwali event only.
- Youth Wing: UCAC Executive Committee has decided to form UCAC Youth Wing. It will be assigned to bring the Uttarakhandi Kids & youths at one platform, and organise youth targeted event once a year. (Details to be provided in Email)
- IT Assets: We have initiated to consolidate the UCAC intellectual IT assets (for example, google group and Id’s, Yahoo group & Id’s, Facebook groups, pages, evite etc) managed by various members and previous committees. We are planning to consolidate them so that from now onwards (and for future) it will be managed only by the In-Office Committee. (Details to be provided in Email)
- General Meeting Invitations: Our committee has decided to invite UCAC Members (with Active Membership) in our general meetings (not applicable to core executive committee meetings and short notice meetings). Members will be notified about it by emails. RSVP by Email is mandatory for each individual to attend these meetings. (Details to be provided in Email)
Lastly, I would like to once again thank all our sponsors for their kind support to our community; without their support this event was not possible.
Jai Hind, Jai Uttarakhand.
President – Uttarakhand Cultural Association of Canada